Jawor near Legnica was one of the main castles of the Slav tribe Trzebowian. This is one of the oldest cities in Lower Silesia, although its beginnings are difficult to establish due to the lack of location documents. Most probably, it took place in the mid-13th century (between 1242 and 1275). Until the end of the 14th century, Jawor was part of the independent Piast principality to pass under the rule of the Czech kings around 1393. And like other cities in the region, it passed into the hands of the Austrian Empire, and in the eighteenth century, Prussia.
- Built in the 17th century, the Church of Peace inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Regional Museum – located in the former monastery of the Bernardine Fathers. One of the most unusual exhibits is the golden diadem from the period of ancient Greece, found in the nearby village of Męcinka.
- Strzegomska Tower.
- Old Town Square with the Town Hall.
Photo gallery from 2009: