Museum of Oil and Gas Industry Ignacy Łukasiewicz in Bóbrka. Open-air museum – Museum of Oil and Gas Industry Ignacy Łukasiewicz – is an open and still operating oil mine in 1854. It is located in the village of Bóbrka, located 14 km south of Krosno. It was the first mine in the world in which oil was extracted. Its founders were Ignacy Łukasiewicz, Tytus Trzecieski and Karol Klobassa-Zrencki.
The museum has a rich collection of objects, documents and collections related not only to the beginnings of the oil industry, but also to geology. The most valuable objects include, among others, a mine founded in 1872 by Ignacy Łukasiewicz as a commemoration of the first mine, a mechanical workshop from 1864 wooden construction (it contains the simplest machining machines, including lathe and hand-driven drill), Łukasiewicz’s house from 1865, in which souvenirs of Ignacy Łukasiewicz were collected, reconstructed hand drill from 1862, used for drilling using the hammer method; Boiler house from the end 19th century wooden construction, which provided steam for the propulsion of mining equipment; Various types of drilling devices from the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries; Pumps, treadmills and compressors of the old construction; Collection of home and industrial gas meters; A rich collection of oil lamps; Laboratory apparatus; Book collection, publications and magazines on the subject of oil; Visits from Tuesday to Sunday, Mondays.
Museum closed from 1 May to 30 September in the chair. 9.00 – 17.00 from November 1 to March 31 at 7.00 – 15.00 in the months of April and October at 8.00 – 16.00. Information source: wikipedia.org and own website: http: //www.bobrka.pl. See also the regulations of the portal.