Aleja Różana 2
Voivodeship Park of Culture and Leisure was set up on partially undeveloped grounds of Chorzów and Katowice cities, on roughly 600 hectares of area. To this day VPoCaL is the “green lungs” of Upper Silesia and one of the largest city parks in Europe.
On the park’s grounds are found:
* Silesian Stadium
* Stadium of GKS Katowice
* The largest and oldest Polish planetarium
* Upper-Silesian Ethnographic Park
* Silesian Zoological Garden
* The Dinosaurs Valley. Concrete reconstructions of sixteen dinosaurs are found there
* Silesian Amusement Park (the largest amusement park in Poland)
* Narrow gauge railway
* Rosarium – the largest rose-garden in Poland
* Exhibition hall Kapelusz (The Hat)
* The Harbor – water sports center. The pond’s area is roughly 7 hectares, while its length equals 550 meters.
* Watering place Fala (The Wave) of total area of 13 hectares (seven swimming pools, 4000 square meters of water mirror)
* Skate Park
* Tennis courts
* Gallery of Silesian Sculpture
* Line park Palenisko
* Artificial beach
* A 80 meters long bench around the canal with game boards for chess, Nine Men’s Morris, etc
* More than ten fountains
* Cycle routes and tracks for extreme sports
On the park’s grounds is also found a large number of cafes and bars.
Pictures from 2011.
- Fest Festival - 08/09/2023 - 08/13/2023 - All-day event