ul. Podzamcze 3
Warmia Bishops Castle in Reszel
Reszel Castle is situated on the banks of the river Sajny in the south-eastern part of the city. It was built in the years 1350-1401 on the quadrangle plan with a huge round tower in the north-west corner, which was increased several times. The second – four-sided tower is located on a high on several meters alcove where the entrance gate to the courtyard. The castle was besieged and in spite of excellent defenses, repeatedly conquered by the Polish army and the Teutonic Knights.
In the 20s of the nineteenth century. The southern wing was adapted for the evangelical church.
Today, the castle is among branch of the Museum of Warmia and Mazury, as well as hotel and restaurant.
Photo gallery from 2009: